Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Behind Those Rain Clouds There Is Always Sunshine

Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day....

It seems all we see anymore is rain.  I swear its like we are going through the Great Flood all over again lol.  I hate waking up every morning to clouds of grey and hearing thunder rolling in the air and shaking the whole house.  It just makes my whole day seem sad and depressing.  But its not just the physical rain clouds that I'm talking about, its the struggles that life has been giving me. People I know and love have been getting sick or hurt.  I, myself, am trying to decide on certain decisions that need to be made.  I see friends hurting constantly in my daily life.  But what has been going through my mind is the question on why does God make us struggle so much?  How can he just sit up there in heaven and see his children struggling or in pain?

In the bible it states in Jeremiah 29:10 (which happens to be one of my favorite bible verses), that God has a plan for you and me.  God says that he doesn't want to harm us, but he does so anyways. I see this to be a matter of faith.  Even though you are going through those tough struggles, you just got to keep pushing through.  In fact its even excuse to talk to God in prayer. In the book of Matthew, Jesus talks about faith as small as a mustard seed.  He says that even if your faith is that small you could move a mountain, you can do anything.  What gives me some comfort is knowing that God is not just standing on the sidelines, occasionally looking into my life.  He standing right next to me in these struggles and cheering me on.

What I really am saying is that behind those dark, gloomy rain clouds there is sunshine that is always trying to shine through.  This is like Christ in our lives.  Problems come up and block our view of him but it is up to us to push through that storm to see his smiling face in the aftermath.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment