Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Is the Stuff


This happens to be one of my most favorite songs in the whole world and she says it so well.  You know I've never really sat down and thought about all the things that drive me crazy.
~Losing my phone/keys/anything
~Someone cutting me off while driving
~Forgetting my debit card/money
~Running out of gas when you're in a hurry
~Slow traffic
~Nobody else understanding how you're day really went
~Bass really high in cars
~Being stuck by a train
~Pour down rain right when you are about to walk around on a college campus
      and the list goes on....

I mean just today as I was driving up to school to drop off some stuff and to say hi to friends, I was stuck behind a truck going only 45 mph on the freeway, was cut off by another driver, and got poured on.  I laughed when my friend told me that whenever someone would cut her off or give her the not so nice finger she will yell out to them "I may not love you right now, but Jesus certainly does and I will when I calm down". I actually find myself doing this now after she mentioned it. You should try it!

But what I'm getting at is God gives us all these challenges in our lives, big and little, to see how we make it through.  We have to see, like in the song, that we need to realize that its not the end of the world when this stuff happens. All we really need to do is open our eyes to see not what is wrong in our lives but what God has given us and has blessed us with.
~A great family and friends
~A house
~Food
~Being able to touch lives
~Ability to teach
~To love Him and worship him
~To be able to go to such a wonderful school


Now its your turn.  What has God blessed you with?  Once you realized how much God has truly blessed you with you're "little mess" will not seem to matter anymore.  We have to put some faith in God and his plan even if we do not like the way that he is doing it.


For He Himself has said,  "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" ~Hebrews 13:5-6

1 comment:

  1. I like this :D

    It is very true... sometimes it is hard to see how many blessings we have in our lives. We gotta change our perspective and look at life in a positive light even if it is really hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete